Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 8:30 am
Suns Strokes: Road struggles continue in loss to Bucks
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the Bucks on January 8.
Goran Dragic scored a team-high 21 points for the Suns and Jared Dudley added 18 in the loss.
Alvin Gentry's squad had an impressive first quarter where they scored 33 points on 64 percent shooting. Unfortunately, they couldn't maintain the momentum and came out cold to start the second quarter, missing nine straight shots.
The Suns lost their third straight game and fell to an abysmal 2-15 on the road this season.
Phoenix shot only 34 percent in the final three quarters combined.
The Suns couldn't contain Brandon Jennings, who finished the night with 29 points.
• Phoenix has lost nine of their last 10 games. They've lost 10 straight road games, with their last win away from home coming November 27 at Cleveland.
• The Bucks new head coach Jim Boylan was victorious in his first game at the helm.
The Suns will travel to Boston to take on the Celtics on Wednesday night at 5:30 p.m.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.