Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 8:30 am
Suns Strokes: Road struggles continue in loss to Bucks
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the Bucks on January 8.
Goran Dragic scored a team-high 21 points for the Suns and Jared Dudley added 18 in the loss.
Alvin Gentry's squad had an impressive first quarter where they scored 33 points on 64 percent shooting. Unfortunately, they couldn't maintain the momentum and came out cold to start the second quarter, missing nine straight shots.
The Suns lost their third straight game and fell to an abysmal 2-15 on the road this season.
Phoenix shot only 34 percent in the final three quarters combined.
The Suns couldn't contain Brandon Jennings, who finished the night with 29 points.
• Phoenix has lost nine of their last 10 games. They've lost 10 straight road games, with their last win away from home coming November 27 at Cleveland.
• The Bucks new head coach Jim Boylan was victorious in his first game at the helm.
The Suns will travel to Boston to take on the Celtics on Wednesday night at 5:30 p.m.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.