Updated Jan 9, 2013 - 8:30 am
Suns Strokes: Road struggles continue in loss to Bucks
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the Bucks on January 8.
Goran Dragic scored a team-high 21 points for the Suns and Jared Dudley added 18 in the loss.
Alvin Gentry's squad had an impressive first quarter where they scored 33 points on 64 percent shooting. Unfortunately, they couldn't maintain the momentum and came out cold to start the second quarter, missing nine straight shots.
The Suns lost their third straight game and fell to an abysmal 2-15 on the road this season.
Phoenix shot only 34 percent in the final three quarters combined.
The Suns couldn't contain Brandon Jennings, who finished the night with 29 points.
• Phoenix has lost nine of their last 10 games. They've lost 10 straight road games, with their last win away from home coming November 27 at Cleveland.
• The Bucks new head coach Jim Boylan was victorious in his first game at the helm.
The Suns will travel to Boston to take on the Celtics on Wednesday night at 5:30 p.m.
- Suns' coach Jeff Hornacek: 'These guys expect to win games'
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.