Updated Jan 7, 2013 - 2:34 pm
Suns need Shannon Brown scoring punch
The Suns have lost eight of nine games to drop a season-high 11 games under five hundred for the second-worst record (12-23) in the Western Conference.
"It's no fun. Not at all," head coach Alvin Gentry said following practice Monday.
Going about digging out of the hole they have created for themselves may begin with Shannon Brown rediscovering his offense.
Since being removed from the starting lineup four games ago, the seven-year veteran is averaging 4.8 points on 32.1 percent shooting (9-of-28). Twice he was held scoreless.
"It's a different rhythm out there," Brown said of being a reserve again. "For some reason it's definitely almost like a complete 180 from the beginning of the season to me going to the starting lineup and then back on the second unit."
Brown came off the bench in the season's first 11 games and scored 147 points, the most by a Suns reserve since Tom Chambers in 1992-93.
"For me," Brown said, "it's just trying to find a rhythm out there individually and with my teammates and trying to figure out how to pick my spots. Right now, everything is all jumbled up."
More than any other rotation player, Brown feasts when the team is going good, fasts when the team is going bad:
In Suns wins, he averages 15.8 points on 50.7 percent shooting including 43.2 percent from three
In Suns losses, he averages 10.3 points on 35.9 percent shooting including 20.0 percent from three
"I understand that," Brown said of how much it appears the team relies on his scoring, which has gone south recently.
"I just got to stay patient. I can't get down on myself or the offense or start blaming nobody. I've just got to go out there and figure it out."
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.