Suns Strokes: Suns snap six-game losing streak with win over 76ers
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 95-89 win over the Sixers on January 2.
The Suns beat the Sixers to snap a six-game losing streak on Wednesday night at US Airways Center. They have not won a game since December 19, 2012 against Charlotte. Four of the six losses during this skid were by a combined 15 points.
The Suns also won for the fifth time in their last seven home games and for the seventh time in their last 11 contests overall at USAC. This is also the Suns' 1,999 victory in franchise history.
Despite the Suns' stellar defensive efforts on the Sixers, guard Jrue Holiday recorded 16 points, a career-high-tying 10 rebounds and 10 assists Wednesday. That was his second career triple-double and his first since February 2, 2011 at New Jersey.
• Luis Scola finished with his third straight 20-point game. That's his longest streak since January 27-February 1, 2011. He now has six 20-point efforts for the Suns. Scola is also averaging 26 points, nearly seven rebounds and four assists per game in the last three games.
He Said It:
"For us it was obviously a much, much, much needed win," said head coach Alvin Gentry. "If you look at [Wednesday] I think you just have to say it's a total team effort. I just thought when we needed certain guys to step up, they did and when we needed certain guys to make a play here and there, we did also."
The Suns stay in the Valley to host the Utah Jazz on Friday at 7:00 p.m. and then host the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday at 6 p.m. at USAC.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.