Suns Strokes: Road woes continue in loss to Timberwolves
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Timberwolves on December 29.
Luis Scola delivered an impressive offensive performance for the Suns. He had a double-double of 33 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown added 21 points and Jared Dudley had 18 for Phoenix.
The Suns lost their fifth straight game and fell to a dismal 2-13 on the road this season.
Phoenix couldn't contain Nikola Pekovic, who had 28 points and 11 rebounds, and Kevin Love who added 23 points and 18 boards for the T-wolves.
• Goran Dragic had a strong effort in his return to the lineup, scoring 16 points and adding 12 assists.
• The Suns turned the ball over just five times in the loss.
• Phoenix continued to struggle from behind the three-point arc, making only two of their 17 attempts.
The Suns will look to salvage their three-game road trip when they head to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder on Monday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.