Suns Strokes: Road woes continue in loss to Timberwolves
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Timberwolves on December 29.
Luis Scola delivered an impressive offensive performance for the Suns. He had a double-double of 33 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown added 21 points and Jared Dudley had 18 for Phoenix.
The Suns lost their fifth straight game and fell to a dismal 2-13 on the road this season.
Phoenix couldn't contain Nikola Pekovic, who had 28 points and 11 rebounds, and Kevin Love who added 23 points and 18 boards for the T-wolves.
• Goran Dragic had a strong effort in his return to the lineup, scoring 16 points and adding 12 assists.
• The Suns turned the ball over just five times in the loss.
• Phoenix continued to struggle from behind the three-point arc, making only two of their 17 attempts.
The Suns will look to salvage their three-game road trip when they head to Oklahoma City to take on the Thunder on Monday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t