Suns Strokes: Suns comeback falls short, lose to Pacers on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-91 loss to the Pacers on December 28.
The Suns received a strong effort from Sebastian Telfair, who had 19 points and six assists in a starting role.
Marcin Gortat added a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
The Suns stepped it up in an energetic third quarter behind a much improved defensive effort. Phoenix held Indiana to only 6 of 21 shooting in the third.
Phoenix rallied from a 16-point deficit and briefly took the lead but ultimately couldn't complete the comeback.
With the loss, Phoenix's road record fell to an abysmal 2-12 on the season.
The Suns once again fell behind early due to sloppy play and shoddy defense in the first half. Alvin Gentry had to go to the bench eight minutes into the game because his team was in early foul trouble.
Kendall Marshall only played 7:20 and didn't record a single point.
• Phoenix was without starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was sidelined due to a lingering left hip bruise caused by a flagrant foul from J.R. Smith Wednesday.
• The Suns have now dropped four games in a row. In contrast, the Pacers have won four straight, including seven of eight.
• Jared Dudley did not tally a point under the second quarter.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves on Saturday, December 29. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.