Suns Strokes: Suns comeback falls short, lose to Pacers on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-91 loss to the Pacers on December 28.
The Suns received a strong effort from Sebastian Telfair, who had 19 points and six assists in a starting role.
Marcin Gortat added a double-double of 15 points and 10 rebounds in the loss.
The Suns stepped it up in an energetic third quarter behind a much improved defensive effort. Phoenix held Indiana to only 6 of 21 shooting in the third.
Phoenix rallied from a 16-point deficit and briefly took the lead but ultimately couldn't complete the comeback.
With the loss, Phoenix's road record fell to an abysmal 2-12 on the season.
The Suns once again fell behind early due to sloppy play and shoddy defense in the first half. Alvin Gentry had to go to the bench eight minutes into the game because his team was in early foul trouble.
Kendall Marshall only played 7:20 and didn't record a single point.
• Phoenix was without starting point guard Goran Dragic, who was sidelined due to a lingering left hip bruise caused by a flagrant foul from J.R. Smith Wednesday.
• The Suns have now dropped four games in a row. In contrast, the Pacers have won four straight, including seven of eight.
• Jared Dudley did not tally a point under the second quarter.
The Suns will head to Minnesota to play the Timberwolves on Saturday, December 29. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.