Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:50 pm
Suns look to solve their road woes
A three-game, four-day road trip begins Friday in Indiana before stopping in Minnesota and then arriving in Oklahoma City on New Year's Eve.
"It's a test of: Are we going to stand in and compete," head coach Alvin Gentry said of a trip that will cover 4,088 miles.
In 13 road games this season, the Suns have but two victories. Only Sacramento and Washington have had less success, each with just a single road win.
"Young teams don't usually have success in the NBA," Jared Dudley said.
The Suns' last successful road game was November 27 at Cleveland, winning 91-78. Since then, the Suns have lost six straight away from home.
"It is very difficult to win on the road," Gentry said.
The Suns are their own worst enemy on the road, allowing ten more points per game on the road (106.5) than they do at home (96.3).
"For us," Dudley said, "it's being confident enough take those shots that you normally would take at home on the road. People pass it up and that's why usually stars do a lot better on the road because the role players don't play as well.
"For us," Dudley continued, "it's just concentrating, limiting our turnovers, being confident. When you have that shot, shoot it and we've got to knock them down."
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.