Suns' Dragic: (The foul) was not intentional
"I'm sore, especially my butt, my wrist," he said. "But it's normal."
Normal only after factoring in how hard he hit the floor after being undercut by the Knicks J.R. Smith on a drive to the basket in the closing seconds of the second quarter.
"It was not intentional," Dragic said of what the officials ruled as a Flagrant 1 foul. "He bumped me with his shoulder on my leg; and I just lose control and fall awkwardly."
Dragic missed the subsequent free throws and then exited the game. He spent the remainder of the 99-97 loss to the Knicks in the locker room with what the team reported as hip, wrist and back contusions.
"You want to help the team," Dragic said of why he wanted to shoot the foul shots. "And then, after that, when I sit on the bench, I just felt weird.
"In the end, it could be worse. I could've hit my head on the floor or something like that."
Dragic is hopeful he'll be able to play at Indiana.
Head coach Alvin Gentry isn't so sure.
"It was a really tough fall," Gentry said. "We've got another 24 hours (but) I think it would be tough for him to line up against Indiana (Friday) night. He's a tough, tough kid so Minnesota (on Saturday), he may be okay."
Dragic said his left wrist feels fine. His backside is what took the brunt of the fall.
"Especially I'm really skinny," he said. "The butt is really hurting me right now."
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.