Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 12:29 pm
Suns' Dragic: (The foul) was not intentional
"I'm sore, especially my butt, my wrist," he said. "But it's normal."
Normal only after factoring in how hard he hit the floor after being undercut by the Knicks J.R. Smith on a drive to the basket in the closing seconds of the second quarter.
"It was not intentional," Dragic said of what the officials ruled as a Flagrant 1 foul. "He bumped me with his shoulder on my leg; and I just lose control and fall awkwardly."
Dragic missed the subsequent free throws and then exited the game. He spent the remainder of the 99-97 loss to the Knicks in the locker room with what the team reported as hip, wrist and back contusions.
"You want to help the team," Dragic said of why he wanted to shoot the foul shots. "And then, after that, when I sit on the bench, I just felt weird.
"In the end, it could be worse. I could've hit my head on the floor or something like that."
Dragic is hopeful he'll be able to play at Indiana.
Head coach Alvin Gentry isn't so sure.
"It was a really tough fall," Gentry said. "We've got another 24 hours (but) I think it would be tough for him to line up against Indiana (Friday) night. He's a tough, tough kid so Minnesota (on Saturday), he may be okay."
Dragic said his left wrist feels fine. His backside is what took the brunt of the fall.
"Especially I'm really skinny," he said. "The butt is really hurting me right now."
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.