Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 10:28 am
Suns have interest in Chicago's Rip Hamilton?
One rumor out there originates in Chicago and involves the Phoenix Suns. CSN Chicago Bulls Insider Aggrey Sam answered a question in mailbag column about the Bulls' trade possibilities, and mentioned Phoenix could have interest in a current member of the Bulls - veteran guard Richard Hamilton.
However, with his recent injury, that could be hard to pull off unless he makes an impressive return in the month or so leading up to the deadline, so it might not be possible to move him. Actually, I'm sure they could find a taker -- Phoenix, for one, is a team that I've heard has some interest -- but at this stage of his career, Hamilton and his representatives might not be open to playing for a non-contender, even for half of a season.
Hamilton is 34 years of age and in his 13th year in the league (second in Chicago). He's played in only 15 games this season and none since December 1.
Although his best days as a scorer are behind him, Hamilton is still averaging almost 14 points in 27.1 minutes per game for the Bulls -- an average that would rank second on the Suns' roster.
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic 'just having fun'
- Phoenix Suns GM McDonough says Plumlee, Frye made Marcin Gortat expendable
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.
- Frank Isola, NY Daily News - Tuesday December 17The mess that is the NY Knicks, and what an east coast analyst thinks of the Suns.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday December 17What is the future for the Suns back court?
- The DISH - December 15, 2013 - Sunday December 15Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.