Updated Dec 27, 2012 - 10:28 am
Suns have interest in Chicago's Rip Hamilton?
One rumor out there originates in Chicago and involves the Phoenix Suns. CSN Chicago Bulls Insider Aggrey Sam answered a question in mailbag column about the Bulls' trade possibilities, and mentioned Phoenix could have interest in a current member of the Bulls - veteran guard Richard Hamilton.
However, with his recent injury, that could be hard to pull off unless he makes an impressive return in the month or so leading up to the deadline, so it might not be possible to move him. Actually, I'm sure they could find a taker -- Phoenix, for one, is a team that I've heard has some interest -- but at this stage of his career, Hamilton and his representatives might not be open to playing for a non-contender, even for half of a season.
Hamilton is 34 years of age and in his 13th year in the league (second in Chicago). He's played in only 15 games this season and none since December 1.
Although his best days as a scorer are behind him, Hamilton is still averaging almost 14 points in 27.1 minutes per game for the Bulls -- an average that would rank second on the Suns' roster.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.