Suns have interest in Chicago's Rip Hamilton?
One rumor out there originates in Chicago and involves the Phoenix Suns. CSN Chicago Bulls Insider Aggrey Sam answered a question in mailbag column about the Bulls' trade possibilities, and mentioned Phoenix could have interest in a current member of the Bulls - veteran guard Richard Hamilton.
However, with his recent injury, that could be hard to pull off unless he makes an impressive return in the month or so leading up to the deadline, so it might not be possible to move him. Actually, I'm sure they could find a taker -- Phoenix, for one, is a team that I've heard has some interest -- but at this stage of his career, Hamilton and his representatives might not be open to playing for a non-contender, even for half of a season.
Hamilton is 34 years of age and in his 13th year in the league (second in Chicago). He's played in only 15 games this season and none since December 1.
Although his best days as a scorer are behind him, Hamilton is still averaging almost 14 points in 27.1 minutes per game for the Bulls -- an average that would rank second on the Suns' roster.
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach