Updated Dec 23, 2012 - 9:44 pm
Suns Strokes: 'Lob City' handles Suns for 13th straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 103-77 loss to the Clippers on December 23.
Jared Dudley continues to enjoy his return to the starting lineup. He scored a team-high 19 points. It's the sixth time in eight games he's scored 15 or more points as a starter since December 8.
Markieff Morris scored 10 points off the bench. It's his second-straight double-digit scoring effort and his sixth in his last nine games.
A night after their season-high four-game winning streak was snapped, the Suns see their season-high four-game home winning streak come to an end.
The Suns were outscored 15-3 to end the first half, giving the Clippers a double-digit lead they would never relinquish.
"[Sunday] they took it to us, no excuses," Dudley said. "They were just the better team. Everything they wanted to do, they did it and everything we tried to take away, we didn't."
• Suns scored a season-low tying 77 points as they remain winless on the second night of a back-to-back this season (0-6).
• Clippers won for the first time at US Airways Center since April 17, 2007, ending a 10-game losing streak in Phoenix.
• Michael Beasley (illness) missed his first game of the season.
The Suns (11-17) play their final home game of 2012, hosting Amare Stoudemire and the New York Knicks on Wednesday, December 26.
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.