Updated Dec 23, 2012 - 9:44 pm
Suns Strokes: 'Lob City' handles Suns for 13th straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 103-77 loss to the Clippers on December 23.
Jared Dudley continues to enjoy his return to the starting lineup. He scored a team-high 19 points. It's the sixth time in eight games he's scored 15 or more points as a starter since December 8.
Markieff Morris scored 10 points off the bench. It's his second-straight double-digit scoring effort and his sixth in his last nine games.
A night after their season-high four-game winning streak was snapped, the Suns see their season-high four-game home winning streak come to an end.
The Suns were outscored 15-3 to end the first half, giving the Clippers a double-digit lead they would never relinquish.
"[Sunday] they took it to us, no excuses," Dudley said. "They were just the better team. Everything they wanted to do, they did it and everything we tried to take away, we didn't."
• Suns scored a season-low tying 77 points as they remain winless on the second night of a back-to-back this season (0-6).
• Clippers won for the first time at US Airways Center since April 17, 2007, ending a 10-game losing streak in Phoenix.
• Michael Beasley (illness) missed his first game of the season.
The Suns (11-17) play their final home game of 2012, hosting Amare Stoudemire and the New York Knicks on Wednesday, December 26.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?