Updated Dec 23, 2012 - 9:44 pm
Suns Strokes: 'Lob City' handles Suns for 13th straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 103-77 loss to the Clippers on December 23.
Jared Dudley continues to enjoy his return to the starting lineup. He scored a team-high 19 points. It's the sixth time in eight games he's scored 15 or more points as a starter since December 8.
Markieff Morris scored 10 points off the bench. It's his second-straight double-digit scoring effort and his sixth in his last nine games.
A night after their season-high four-game winning streak was snapped, the Suns see their season-high four-game home winning streak come to an end.
The Suns were outscored 15-3 to end the first half, giving the Clippers a double-digit lead they would never relinquish.
"[Sunday] they took it to us, no excuses," Dudley said. "They were just the better team. Everything they wanted to do, they did it and everything we tried to take away, we didn't."
• Suns scored a season-low tying 77 points as they remain winless on the second night of a back-to-back this season (0-6).
• Clippers won for the first time at US Airways Center since April 17, 2007, ending a 10-game losing streak in Phoenix.
• Michael Beasley (illness) missed his first game of the season.
The Suns (11-17) play their final home game of 2012, hosting Amare Stoudemire and the New York Knicks on Wednesday, December 26.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.