Suns Strokes: Win streak snapped with loss to Trail Blazers
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 96-93 loss to the Trail Blazers on December 22.
Marcin Gortat led the offensive charge for the Suns with 18 points and nine rebounds. Shannon Brown added 15 points and three rebounds and Jermaine O'Neal scored 13 with five boards.
Phoenix started strong and had a lead as big as 12 points in the first half but couldn't hold on for the win.
The Suns' four-game winning streak was snapped with the loss at Portland.
Michael Beasley was held to just three points in only 10:20 of play Saturday night.
Phoenix shot just 40 percent in the second half and was unable to stage a late comeback.
• The Suns shot 50% from the field and three-point range in the first quarter but missed their last 10 three-pointers of the game.
• Jared Dudley had a career-high 10 assists on the night.
• Phoenix has now dropped seven straight regular season games to Portland on the road.
• The Suns' record on the road is now an abysmal 2-13 for the season.
The Suns return home to face the Los Angeles Clippers at US Airways Center. The game is scheduled to tip off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?