Suns Strokes: Win streak snapped with loss to Trail Blazers
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 96-93 loss to the Trail Blazers on December 22.
Marcin Gortat led the offensive charge for the Suns with 18 points and nine rebounds. Shannon Brown added 15 points and three rebounds and Jermaine O'Neal scored 13 with five boards.
Phoenix started strong and had a lead as big as 12 points in the first half but couldn't hold on for the win.
The Suns' four-game winning streak was snapped with the loss at Portland.
Michael Beasley was held to just three points in only 10:20 of play Saturday night.
Phoenix shot just 40 percent in the second half and was unable to stage a late comeback.
• The Suns shot 50% from the field and three-point range in the first quarter but missed their last 10 three-pointers of the game.
• Jared Dudley had a career-high 10 assists on the night.
• Phoenix has now dropped seven straight regular season games to Portland on the road.
• The Suns' record on the road is now an abysmal 2-13 for the season.
The Suns return home to face the Los Angeles Clippers at US Airways Center. The game is scheduled to tip off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org