Suns Strokes: Win streak snapped with loss to Trail Blazers
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 96-93 loss to the Trail Blazers on December 22.
Marcin Gortat led the offensive charge for the Suns with 18 points and nine rebounds. Shannon Brown added 15 points and three rebounds and Jermaine O'Neal scored 13 with five boards.
Phoenix started strong and had a lead as big as 12 points in the first half but couldn't hold on for the win.
The Suns' four-game winning streak was snapped with the loss at Portland.
Michael Beasley was held to just three points in only 10:20 of play Saturday night.
Phoenix shot just 40 percent in the second half and was unable to stage a late comeback.
• The Suns shot 50% from the field and three-point range in the first quarter but missed their last 10 three-pointers of the game.
• Jared Dudley had a career-high 10 assists on the night.
• Phoenix has now dropped seven straight regular season games to Portland on the road.
• The Suns' record on the road is now an abysmal 2-13 for the season.
The Suns return home to face the Los Angeles Clippers at US Airways Center. The game is scheduled to tip off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.