Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 8:31 am
Suns Strokes: Offense powers Phoenix to fourth straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 121-104 win over the Bobcats on December 19.
The Suns extend their season-best winning streak to four games -- matching their longest winning streak from all of last season -- posting season-highs in points (121) and 3-pointers made (17). Former Charlotte Bobcat Shannon Brown hit five three-point shots, including four in the third quarter when he scored 18 of his season-high 26 points. Combining his efforts from Monday, Brown has scored 32 points in his last two third quarters.
Alvin Gentry called three fourth quarter timeouts, including two in the first 1:53, as the Bobcats went on a 19-5 run to trim what was a 29-point Suns lead down to 15.
He Said It
"They're a tough team. They never quit," Goran Dragic, who finished with 21 points and 11 assists,said of the Bobcats. "We fell asleep for just a moment and they make a run. Then Alvin put back the starters and we tried to finish the job."
• Suns improved to 4-1 on their season-long five-game homestand
• Suns have won three straight games by double figures for the first time since February 7-11, 2011
• Suns have scored 100 or more points in consecutive regulation games for the first time since November 7-9
• Jared Dudley recorded a 20-point game for a career-high third consecutive night. "(I) got a Kobe-streak going," he said following the game.
The Suns (11-15) visit Portland on Saturday, December 22.
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?