Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 8:31 am
Suns Strokes: Offense powers Phoenix to fourth straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 121-104 win over the Bobcats on December 19.
The Suns extend their season-best winning streak to four games -- matching their longest winning streak from all of last season -- posting season-highs in points (121) and 3-pointers made (17). Former Charlotte Bobcat Shannon Brown hit five three-point shots, including four in the third quarter when he scored 18 of his season-high 26 points. Combining his efforts from Monday, Brown has scored 32 points in his last two third quarters.
Alvin Gentry called three fourth quarter timeouts, including two in the first 1:53, as the Bobcats went on a 19-5 run to trim what was a 29-point Suns lead down to 15.
He Said It
"They're a tough team. They never quit," Goran Dragic, who finished with 21 points and 11 assists,said of the Bobcats. "We fell asleep for just a moment and they make a run. Then Alvin put back the starters and we tried to finish the job."
• Suns improved to 4-1 on their season-long five-game homestand
• Suns have won three straight games by double figures for the first time since February 7-11, 2011
• Suns have scored 100 or more points in consecutive regulation games for the first time since November 7-9
• Jared Dudley recorded a 20-point game for a career-high third consecutive night. "(I) got a Kobe-streak going," he said following the game.
The Suns (11-15) visit Portland on Saturday, December 22.
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.