Suns Strokes: Offense powers Phoenix to fourth straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 121-104 win over the Bobcats on December 19.
The Suns extend their season-best winning streak to four games -- matching their longest winning streak from all of last season -- posting season-highs in points (121) and 3-pointers made (17). Former Charlotte Bobcat Shannon Brown hit five three-point shots, including four in the third quarter when he scored 18 of his season-high 26 points. Combining his efforts from Monday, Brown has scored 32 points in his last two third quarters.
Alvin Gentry called three fourth quarter timeouts, including two in the first 1:53, as the Bobcats went on a 19-5 run to trim what was a 29-point Suns lead down to 15.
He Said It
"They're a tough team. They never quit," Goran Dragic, who finished with 21 points and 11 assists,said of the Bobcats. "We fell asleep for just a moment and they make a run. Then Alvin put back the starters and we tried to finish the job."
• Suns improved to 4-1 on their season-long five-game homestand
• Suns have won three straight games by double figures for the first time since February 7-11, 2011
• Suns have scored 100 or more points in consecutive regulation games for the first time since November 7-9
• Jared Dudley recorded a 20-point game for a career-high third consecutive night. "(I) got a Kobe-streak going," he said following the game.
The Suns (11-15) visit Portland on Saturday, December 22.
- Jon Barry, NBA Analyst - Friday May 24Barry expects a physical match up between the Heat & Pacers in Game 2 of the NBA Eastern Conference
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM