Updated Dec 20, 2012 - 8:31 am
Suns Strokes: Offense powers Phoenix to fourth straight win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 121-104 win over the Bobcats on December 19.
The Suns extend their season-best winning streak to four games -- matching their longest winning streak from all of last season -- posting season-highs in points (121) and 3-pointers made (17). Former Charlotte Bobcat Shannon Brown hit five three-point shots, including four in the third quarter when he scored 18 of his season-high 26 points. Combining his efforts from Monday, Brown has scored 32 points in his last two third quarters.
Alvin Gentry called three fourth quarter timeouts, including two in the first 1:53, as the Bobcats went on a 19-5 run to trim what was a 29-point Suns lead down to 15.
He Said It
"They're a tough team. They never quit," Goran Dragic, who finished with 21 points and 11 assists,said of the Bobcats. "We fell asleep for just a moment and they make a run. Then Alvin put back the starters and we tried to finish the job."
Suns improved to 4-1 on their season-long five-game homestand
Suns have won three straight games by double figures for the first time since February 7-11, 2011
Suns have scored 100 or more points in consecutive regulation games for the first time since November 7-9
Jared Dudley recorded a 20-point game for a career-high third consecutive night. "(I) got a Kobe-streak going," he said following the game.
The Suns (11-15) visit Portland on Saturday, December 22.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.