Suns Strokes: Brown leads another comeback victory
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 101-90 win over the Kings on December 17.
Shannon Brown scored seven straight points to finish a 24-4 Suns' run (from the end of the second quarter to midway through the third quarter) that erased a 19-point deficit. He had 14 of his team-high 22 points in the quarter that saw the Suns outscore the Kings 31-14, establishing a new opponent season low third quarter points.
The Suns matched a season-low for points in the first quarter (16) by shooting 6-of-23 (26%). Over a 6:31 stretch between the first and second quarters, the Suns missed 11 straight shots as the Kings went on a 19-3 run.
He Said It
"My teammates and coaches did a great job of running plays and trying to give me the ball in positions where I could make something happen and be successful," Brown said.
• The Suns won their season-high third straight game to become the first NBA team since last season's New Orleans' Hornets to follow a losing streak of seven games or more with a win streak of three or more. They also became the first Phoenix squad to do so since 1987-88 when the Suns followed a nine-game skid with four straight victories.
• Phoenix has held three straight opponents to 90 or fewer points for the first time since Dec. 10-13, 2006.
• Luis Scola had a career-high 10 assists becoming just the fifth non-guard to record double-digit assists in a game this season, joining Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Greg Monroe and Nicolas Batum.
• Marcin Gortat recorded his NBA-tying fourth game of five or more blocks this season (Roy Hibbert, Serge Ibaka, Larry Sanders). No Sun has had more than three such games in an entire season since Amare Stoudemire in 2007-08.
The Suns (10-15) host the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, December 19 to close out the season-high five-game homestand.
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?