Suns Strokes: Brown leads another comeback victory
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 101-90 win over the Kings on December 17.
Shannon Brown scored seven straight points to finish a 24-4 Suns' run (from the end of the second quarter to midway through the third quarter) that erased a 19-point deficit. He had 14 of his team-high 22 points in the quarter that saw the Suns outscore the Kings 31-14, establishing a new opponent season low third quarter points.
The Suns matched a season-low for points in the first quarter (16) by shooting 6-of-23 (26%). Over a 6:31 stretch between the first and second quarters, the Suns missed 11 straight shots as the Kings went on a 19-3 run.
He Said It
"My teammates and coaches did a great job of running plays and trying to give me the ball in positions where I could make something happen and be successful," Brown said.
• The Suns won their season-high third straight game to become the first NBA team since last season's New Orleans' Hornets to follow a losing streak of seven games or more with a win streak of three or more. They also became the first Phoenix squad to do so since 1987-88 when the Suns followed a nine-game skid with four straight victories.
• Phoenix has held three straight opponents to 90 or fewer points for the first time since Dec. 10-13, 2006.
• Luis Scola had a career-high 10 assists becoming just the fifth non-guard to record double-digit assists in a game this season, joining Kevin Durant, Al Horford, Greg Monroe and Nicolas Batum.
• Marcin Gortat recorded his NBA-tying fourth game of five or more blocks this season (Roy Hibbert, Serge Ibaka, Larry Sanders). No Sun has had more than three such games in an entire season since Amare Stoudemire in 2007-08.
The Suns (10-15) host the Charlotte Bobcats on Wednesday, December 19 to close out the season-high five-game homestand.
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.