Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 2:24 pm
Despite back-to-back wins, Phoenix Suns aren't satisfied
That's where the Phoenix Suns were just last week. Despite being mired in their longest losing skid in nine seasons, the sports eye in the Valley was squarely on the Arizona Cardinals.
The Suns were able to snap out of their losing streak with consecutive wins against the Memphis Grizzlies and the Utah Jazz. And with winnable home games Monday night against Sacramento and Wednesday vs. Charlotte, Alvin Gentry's team could actually be looking at streaking in the other direction.
"Those games, that if we're going to get back in this thing, we're just going to have to try to find a way to win them," Gentry said. "It all starts with Sacramento Monday, and that's what we have to place all our emphasis on right now."
The Kings enter Monday's game with a 7-16 record and are woeful 1-9 away from home -- the worst in the Western Conference.
Suns forward Michael Beasley knows that winning back-to-back games is a start, but not nearly enough for the Suns (9-15) to be satisfied.
"I think we all understand that two wins is minuscule in the big picture," Beasley said. "We have a goal to get to and two wins is not going to help us get there. We're definitely happy to get that bad streak over, but we all understand we don't want to get there again."
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.