Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 2:24 pm
Despite back-to-back wins, Phoenix Suns aren't satisfied
That's where the Phoenix Suns were just last week. Despite being mired in their longest losing skid in nine seasons, the sports eye in the Valley was squarely on the Arizona Cardinals.
The Suns were able to snap out of their losing streak with consecutive wins against the Memphis Grizzlies and the Utah Jazz. And with winnable home games Monday night against Sacramento and Wednesday vs. Charlotte, Alvin Gentry's team could actually be looking at streaking in the other direction.
"Those games, that if we're going to get back in this thing, we're just going to have to try to find a way to win them," Gentry said. "It all starts with Sacramento Monday, and that's what we have to place all our emphasis on right now."
The Kings enter Monday's game with a 7-16 record and are woeful 1-9 away from home -- the worst in the Western Conference.
Suns forward Michael Beasley knows that winning back-to-back games is a start, but not nearly enough for the Suns (9-15) to be satisfied.
"I think we all understand that two wins is minuscule in the big picture," Beasley said. "We have a goal to get to and two wins is not going to help us get there. We're definitely happy to get that bad streak over, but we all understand we don't want to get there again."
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.