Updated Dec 17, 2012 - 2:24 pm
Despite back-to-back wins, Phoenix Suns aren't satisfied
That's where the Phoenix Suns were just last week. Despite being mired in their longest losing skid in nine seasons, the sports eye in the Valley was squarely on the Arizona Cardinals.
The Suns were able to snap out of their losing streak with consecutive wins against the Memphis Grizzlies and the Utah Jazz. And with winnable home games Monday night against Sacramento and Wednesday vs. Charlotte, Alvin Gentry's team could actually be looking at streaking in the other direction.
"Those games, that if we're going to get back in this thing, we're just going to have to try to find a way to win them," Gentry said. "It all starts with Sacramento Monday, and that's what we have to place all our emphasis on right now."
The Kings enter Monday's game with a 7-16 record and are woeful 1-9 away from home -- the worst in the Western Conference.
Suns forward Michael Beasley knows that winning back-to-back games is a start, but not nearly enough for the Suns (9-15) to be satisfied.
"I think we all understand that two wins is minuscule in the big picture," Beasley said. "We have a goal to get to and two wins is not going to help us get there. We're definitely happy to get that bad streak over, but we all understand we don't want to get there again."
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.