Updated Dec 14, 2012 - 10:39 pm
Suns Strokes: Phoenix rolls to smooth victory over Jazz
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 99-84 win over the Jazz on December 14.
The Suns win consecutive games for the first time since November 21-23 with consecutive wins over teams with a winning record for the first time since March 8-10 last season.
Jared Dudley led five players in double figures scoring a season-high 22 points on 9-of-12 shooting. Marcin Gortat, meanwhile, posted his first double-double in six games with 12 points and 14 rebounds.
Michael Beasley pulled another disappearing act. He shot 0-of-5 after hitting three of his first four attempts. Playing some power forward for the second straight game, he scored eight of his 11 points in the opening quarter.
He Said It
"It's just so much easier when you are playing downhill rather than uphill," head coach Alvin Gentry said of his team playing with the lead for most of the game. "I thought it was our best first quarter by far. I thought we did a great job of moving the basketball."
• The Suns improve to 5-1 when holding teams under 90 points
• The Suns scored a season-high 34 first quarter points
• Phoenix trailed for all of 21 seconds (6:20-5:59 of first quarter)
• Shannon Brown has at least one steal in a career-high tying 10 straight games
• Dudley is shooting 25-of-43 (.581) from the field, including 6-of-15 (.400) from 3-point range in four games since returning to the starting lineup
The Suns (9-15) host Sacramento on Monday, December 17. It will be the first of four meetings between the two Pacific Division opponents.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.