Shannon Brown's performance a bright spot for the Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have certainly had their fair share of struggles this season, mainly they've had trouble getting consistent, productive performances out of their players.
One Sun who could be deemed an exception is Shannon Brown. The 27-year-old has continually provided impressive efforts, and exemplary shot selection, even during the team's lowly seven-game losing streak.
"I think he does a phenomenal job at the end of shot clocks," Suns' color analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "He never puts his teammates at a disadvantage by giving them the ball as the shot clock is running down. He understands the situation and it may not be the greatest shot but at least it's a shot."
Kempton is quite high on Brown and believes he is playing quality basketball for the Suns right now.
"Shannon Brown, athletic enough to burn guys down off the dribble, score and take it to the basket and we've seen his shooting abilities," Kempton said. "So I think his shot selection within the game framework is absolutely dead on. I think he's playing absolutely very, very good this year."
The Suns' guard is averaging 12.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 26 minutes this year.
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.