Shannon Brown's performance a bright spot for the Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have certainly had their fair share of struggles this season, mainly they've had trouble getting consistent, productive performances out of their players.
One Sun who could be deemed an exception is Shannon Brown. The 27-year-old has continually provided impressive efforts, and exemplary shot selection, even during the team's lowly seven-game losing streak.
"I think he does a phenomenal job at the end of shot clocks," Suns' color analyst Tim Kempton told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Show Thursday. "He never puts his teammates at a disadvantage by giving them the ball as the shot clock is running down. He understands the situation and it may not be the greatest shot but at least it's a shot."
Kempton is quite high on Brown and believes he is playing quality basketball for the Suns right now.
"Shannon Brown, athletic enough to burn guys down off the dribble, score and take it to the basket and we've seen his shooting abilities," Kempton said. "So I think his shot selection within the game framework is absolutely dead on. I think he's playing absolutely very, very good this year."
The Suns' guard is averaging 12.5 points and 2.5 rebounds in 26 minutes this year.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.