Suns Strokes: Suns snap seven-game losing streak with win over Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 82-80 win over the Grizzlies on December 12.
The Suns snapped a season-high seven-game losing streak with their 82-80 victory Wednesday over the Grizzlies. Phoenix is now 3-2 in its last five home games.
Goran Dragic hit the game-winning layup with .5 seconds left on the clock. The game-winner was the first of Dragic's career.
The win was the team's first victory with under one second left since February 28, 2011, when Channing Frye hit a buzzer-beater against the Nets.
Michael Beasley. He played only 10 minutes the entire game because of his ineffectiveness on the court. He shot 2-11 from the field in the game and was 0-4 from behind the arch. While he only had a -3 over/under for the game, the Suns' offense seemed out of sync when he was on the floor.
He Said It
"[Beasley's] trying hard. He is trying hard. You know what, we just have to keep working with him. That's why we are here," Gentry said.
• The Suns won while shooting under 40% from the field for the first time this season.
• Phoenix has trailed by 10 or more in five of their six home wins this year.
• The Suns have won three straight at home vs. the Grizzlies.
The Suns will welcome the Utah Jazz into US Airways Center on Friday night at 7 p.m. MST.
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.