Suns Strokes: Suns snap seven-game losing streak with win over Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 82-80 win over the Grizzlies on December 12.
The Suns snapped a season-high seven-game losing streak with their 82-80 victory Wednesday over the Grizzlies. Phoenix is now 3-2 in its last five home games.
Goran Dragic hit the game-winning layup with .5 seconds left on the clock. The game-winner was the first of Dragic's career.
The win was the team's first victory with under one second left since February 28, 2011, when Channing Frye hit a buzzer-beater against the Nets.
Michael Beasley. He played only 10 minutes the entire game because of his ineffectiveness on the court. He shot 2-11 from the field in the game and was 0-4 from behind the arch. While he only had a -3 over/under for the game, the Suns' offense seemed out of sync when he was on the floor.
He Said It
"[Beasley's] trying hard. He is trying hard. You know what, we just have to keep working with him. That's why we are here," Gentry said.
• The Suns won while shooting under 40% from the field for the first time this season.
• Phoenix has trailed by 10 or more in five of their six home wins this year.
• The Suns have won three straight at home vs. the Grizzlies.
The Suns will welcome the Utah Jazz into US Airways Center on Friday night at 7 p.m. MST.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.