Suns Strokes: Suns snap seven-game losing streak with win over Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 82-80 win over the Grizzlies on December 12.
The Suns snapped a season-high seven-game losing streak with their 82-80 victory Wednesday over the Grizzlies. Phoenix is now 3-2 in its last five home games.
Goran Dragic hit the game-winning layup with .5 seconds left on the clock. The game-winner was the first of Dragic's career.
The win was the team's first victory with under one second left since February 28, 2011, when Channing Frye hit a buzzer-beater against the Nets.
Michael Beasley. He played only 10 minutes the entire game because of his ineffectiveness on the court. He shot 2-11 from the field in the game and was 0-4 from behind the arch. While he only had a -3 over/under for the game, the Suns' offense seemed out of sync when he was on the floor.
He Said It
"[Beasley's] trying hard. He is trying hard. You know what, we just have to keep working with him. That's why we are here," Gentry said.
• The Suns won while shooting under 40% from the field for the first time this season.
• Phoenix has trailed by 10 or more in five of their six home wins this year.
• The Suns have won three straight at home vs. the Grizzlies.
The Suns will welcome the Utah Jazz into US Airways Center on Friday night at 7 p.m. MST.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.