Updated Dec 12, 2012 - 2:06 pm
Gentry: Suns lineup could change frequently
And for that reason, head coach Alvin Gentry is making another shift to the Suns' starting five.
Veteran power forward Luis Scola will move back into the starting lineup, replacing second-year man Markieff Morris.
But Gentry, a guest of Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 620 Wednesday, says the starting five could change frequently in the near future.
"We've just got to look at it and go 'hey, this might be a better lineup for this game' and that's what we've got to go with," he said. "We still want to try and continue to tweak the thing and get to the point where we've got consistency where we really feel good about what we're going to get night in, night out."
Gentry also said that point guard Goran Dragic should be back in the lineup against Memphis. The Slovenian southpaw missed the Suns' last game -- a 98-90 loss to Orlando Sunday night -- with flu-like symptoms.
"He feels a lot better than he did the other day, which is really important, so we'll just stick him out there and hopefully he can go," Gentry said. "He was just very sick the other night and wasn't going to be able to play and have any kind of effect on the game.
"He went home, he's had two days and I think he's feeling much better."
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.