Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 12:23 pm
NBA trading season opens in full Saturday; Suns to make moves?
Pretty much every player on the roster is struggling to some extent, so it stands to reason trades could be on the horizon.
And with December 15 marking the date on which teams can trade the majority of free agents signed over the offseason, it's possible we're less than a week away from some deals being made.
Over at Grantland.com, the speculation is that the Suns would like to move Michael Beasley, though there isn't likely to be much interest in the forward.
The headliner here is Michael Beasley, and you can count on zero hands the number of teams that have any interest in acquiring Beasley now, with $6 million on the books for next season and at least $3 million for 2014-15. Saturday also frees up Jermaine O'Neal (reborn, and stealing Marcin Gortat's minutes), a fierce defender in P.J. Tucker (swiping Beasley's time), the very good Goran Dragic, and Shannon Brown, a decent rotation player when he doesn't have to create off the dribble.
The vultures are circling Phoenix, looking to see if they can extract value from the Suns' collective failure. The Suns have little interest in dealing Dragic, but the tension between Gortat and Alvin Gentry could lead to a larger deal — one that could include more puzzle pieces starting Saturday.
Needless to say, the Suns could be heading for a roster shakeup in the coming weeks, with some big names possibly being shipped out of town.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso