Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 12:23 pm
NBA trading season opens in full Saturday; Suns to make moves?
Pretty much every player on the roster is struggling to some extent, so it stands to reason trades could be on the horizon.
And with December 15 marking the date on which teams can trade the majority of free agents signed over the offseason, it's possible we're less than a week away from some deals being made.
Over at Grantland.com, the speculation is that the Suns would like to move Michael Beasley, though there isn't likely to be much interest in the forward.
The headliner here is Michael Beasley, and you can count on zero hands the number of teams that have any interest in acquiring Beasley now, with $6 million on the books for next season and at least $3 million for 2014-15. Saturday also frees up Jermaine O'Neal (reborn, and stealing Marcin Gortat's minutes), a fierce defender in P.J. Tucker (swiping Beasley's time), the very good Goran Dragic, and Shannon Brown, a decent rotation player when he doesn't have to create off the dribble.
The vultures are circling Phoenix, looking to see if they can extract value from the Suns' collective failure. The Suns have little interest in dealing Dragic, but the tension between Gortat and Alvin Gentry could lead to a larger deal — one that could include more puzzle pieces starting Saturday.
Needless to say, the Suns could be heading for a roster shakeup in the coming weeks, with some big names possibly being shipped out of town.
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.