Updated Dec 11, 2012 - 12:23 pm
NBA trading season opens in full Saturday; Suns to make moves?
Pretty much every player on the roster is struggling to some extent, so it stands to reason trades could be on the horizon.
And with December 15 marking the date on which teams can trade the majority of free agents signed over the offseason, it's possible we're less than a week away from some deals being made.
Over at Grantland.com, the speculation is that the Suns would like to move Michael Beasley, though there isn't likely to be much interest in the forward.
The headliner here is Michael Beasley, and you can count on zero hands the number of teams that have any interest in acquiring Beasley now, with $6 million on the books for next season and at least $3 million for 2014-15. Saturday also frees up Jermaine O'Neal (reborn, and stealing Marcin Gortat's minutes), a fierce defender in P.J. Tucker (swiping Beasley's time), the very good Goran Dragic, and Shannon Brown, a decent rotation player when he doesn't have to create off the dribble.
The vultures are circling Phoenix, looking to see if they can extract value from the Suns' collective failure. The Suns have little interest in dealing Dragic, but the tension between Gortat and Alvin Gentry could lead to a larger deal — one that could include more puzzle pieces starting Saturday.
Needless to say, the Suns could be heading for a roster shakeup in the coming weeks, with some big names possibly being shipped out of town.
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.