Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 6:01 pm
Majerle on Beasley: ‘He knows he is good'
Unfortunately, things just haven't worked out yet.
Through 22 games, Beasley is averaging 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game, both career lows.
However despite the lack of production early in the season, Suns assistant coach Dan Majerle is not ready to give up on the talented forward.
"We are going to keep working with 'Beas' as much as possible. I love the kid. He wants to play well," Majerle said. "He has just got to figure out in his own mind how to do that and when to do that and take advantage of his skills."
After being the second overall pick in the 2008 draft, Beasley has failed to live up to the hype. But, Majerle doesn't feel that a lack of confidence is to blame.
"He is a confident kid, he knows he is good. Something has got to click in his mind where he goes out and he can't play cool, he can't be just out there," Majerle said. "He has got to go out there and give everything he has and be engaged for however long he is on the floor and just try to dominate the game, not only on the offensive end but the defensive end."
Majerle and the Suns still appear to be optimistic about the 23-year-old forward and remain hopeful that he can find success in Phoenix.
"We work on it every day," Majerle said. "Hopefully it will click in and he will be the player we think he can be."
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t