Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 6:01 pm
Majerle on Beasley: ‘He knows he is good'
Unfortunately, things just haven't worked out yet.
Through 22 games, Beasley is averaging 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game, both career lows.
However despite the lack of production early in the season, Suns assistant coach Dan Majerle is not ready to give up on the talented forward.
"We are going to keep working with 'Beas' as much as possible. I love the kid. He wants to play well," Majerle said. "He has just got to figure out in his own mind how to do that and when to do that and take advantage of his skills."
After being the second overall pick in the 2008 draft, Beasley has failed to live up to the hype. But, Majerle doesn't feel that a lack of confidence is to blame.
"He is a confident kid, he knows he is good. Something has got to click in his mind where he goes out and he can't play cool, he can't be just out there," Majerle said. "He has got to go out there and give everything he has and be engaged for however long he is on the floor and just try to dominate the game, not only on the offensive end but the defensive end."
Majerle and the Suns still appear to be optimistic about the 23-year-old forward and remain hopeful that he can find success in Phoenix.
"We work on it every day," Majerle said. "Hopefully it will click in and he will be the player we think he can be."
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.