Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 6:01 pm
Majerle on Beasley: ‘He knows he is good'
Unfortunately, things just haven't worked out yet.
Through 22 games, Beasley is averaging 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game, both career lows.
However despite the lack of production early in the season, Suns assistant coach Dan Majerle is not ready to give up on the talented forward.
"We are going to keep working with 'Beas' as much as possible. I love the kid. He wants to play well," Majerle said. "He has just got to figure out in his own mind how to do that and when to do that and take advantage of his skills."
After being the second overall pick in the 2008 draft, Beasley has failed to live up to the hype. But, Majerle doesn't feel that a lack of confidence is to blame.
"He is a confident kid, he knows he is good. Something has got to click in his mind where he goes out and he can't play cool, he can't be just out there," Majerle said. "He has got to go out there and give everything he has and be engaged for however long he is on the floor and just try to dominate the game, not only on the offensive end but the defensive end."
Majerle and the Suns still appear to be optimistic about the 23-year-old forward and remain hopeful that he can find success in Phoenix.
"We work on it every day," Majerle said. "Hopefully it will click in and he will be the player we think he can be."
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.