Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 6:01 pm
Majerle on Beasley: ‘He knows he is good'
Unfortunately, things just haven't worked out yet.
Through 22 games, Beasley is averaging 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game, both career lows.
However despite the lack of production early in the season, Suns assistant coach Dan Majerle is not ready to give up on the talented forward.
"We are going to keep working with 'Beas' as much as possible. I love the kid. He wants to play well," Majerle said. "He has just got to figure out in his own mind how to do that and when to do that and take advantage of his skills."
After being the second overall pick in the 2008 draft, Beasley has failed to live up to the hype. But, Majerle doesn't feel that a lack of confidence is to blame.
"He is a confident kid, he knows he is good. Something has got to click in his mind where he goes out and he can't play cool, he can't be just out there," Majerle said. "He has got to go out there and give everything he has and be engaged for however long he is on the floor and just try to dominate the game, not only on the offensive end but the defensive end."
Majerle and the Suns still appear to be optimistic about the 23-year-old forward and remain hopeful that he can find success in Phoenix.
"We work on it every day," Majerle said. "Hopefully it will click in and he will be the player we think he can be."
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.