Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 6:01 pm
Majerle on Beasley: ‘He knows he is good'
Unfortunately, things just haven't worked out yet.
Through 22 games, Beasley is averaging 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per game, both career lows.
However despite the lack of production early in the season, Suns assistant coach Dan Majerle is not ready to give up on the talented forward.
"We are going to keep working with 'Beas' as much as possible. I love the kid. He wants to play well," Majerle said. "He has just got to figure out in his own mind how to do that and when to do that and take advantage of his skills."
After being the second overall pick in the 2008 draft, Beasley has failed to live up to the hype. But, Majerle doesn't feel that a lack of confidence is to blame.
"He is a confident kid, he knows he is good. Something has got to click in his mind where he goes out and he can't play cool, he can't be just out there," Majerle said. "He has got to go out there and give everything he has and be engaged for however long he is on the floor and just try to dominate the game, not only on the offensive end but the defensive end."
Majerle and the Suns still appear to be optimistic about the 23-year-old forward and remain hopeful that he can find success in Phoenix.
"We work on it every day," Majerle said. "Hopefully it will click in and he will be the player we think he can be."
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.