Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 2:48 pm
Suns' Beasley labeled 'toxic' by anonymous source
Sunday's loss to the mediocre Orlando Magic at US Airways Center pushed their current losing streak to seven games -- their longest since February of 2004.
And now, this.
Shaun Powell, a writer for SportsonEarth.com who has more than 25 years experience covering the league, has put out the following tweet on Suns forward Michael Beasley.
Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup.— Shaun Powell (@Powell2daPeople) December 10, 2012
Beasley, who had the label of 'enigma' when he signed with the Suns, has done little to shake it in his first 22 games in Phoenix. The fifth-year pro from Kansas State has been relegated to the bench after starting the first 20 games of the season. Counted on to be a consistent scoring threat, Beasley is averaging only 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per contest while shooting only 38% from the field -- all career lows.
We're not sure what 'major shakeup' means, especially in light of the fact that the Suns underwent just that in the offseason, adding nine new faces to the roster.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.