Updated Dec 10, 2012 - 2:48 pm
Suns' Beasley labeled 'toxic' by anonymous source
Sunday's loss to the mediocre Orlando Magic at US Airways Center pushed their current losing streak to seven games -- their longest since February of 2004.
And now, this.
Shaun Powell, a writer for SportsonEarth.com who has more than 25 years experience covering the league, has put out the following tweet on Suns forward Michael Beasley.
Suns source: Michael Beasley is "toxic," team in tailspin, could lead to major shakeup.— Shaun Powell (@Powell2daPeople) December 10, 2012
Beasley, who had the label of 'enigma' when he signed with the Suns, has done little to shake it in his first 22 games in Phoenix. The fifth-year pro from Kansas State has been relegated to the bench after starting the first 20 games of the season. Counted on to be a consistent scoring threat, Beasley is averaging only 11.4 points and 3.8 rebounds per contest while shooting only 38% from the field -- all career lows.
We're not sure what 'major shakeup' means, especially in light of the fact that the Suns underwent just that in the offseason, adding nine new faces to the roster.
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso