Updated Dec 8, 2012 - 7:55 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns drop sixth straight, fall to Clippers in LA
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-99 loss to the Clippers on December 8.
Beleaguered forward Michael Beasley performed well coming off the bench, adding 21 points for the Suns. He had only tallied 24 points in his last three games for Phoenix.
In the fourth quarter, Luis Scola scored 10 straight points for the Suns and finished the game with 18 points and 10 rebounds.
Shannon Brown also added 19 points for Phoenix in the loss.
The Suns dropped their sixth straight game and own a 2-10 record on the road this season.
Alvin Gentry's squad struggled mightily in the fourth quarter, which allowed the Clippers to pull away. Los Angeles outscored Phoenix 32-16.
• Center Jermaine O'Neal was ejected in fourth quarter.
• The Suns completed their seventh road contest in 14 days against the Clippers on Saturday.
• Phoenix has not lost six straight games since March 3-12, 2009.
The Suns will take on the Orlando Magic at US Airways Center on Sunday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
- Suns' coach Jeff Hornacek: 'These guys expect to win games'
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.