Suns Strokes: Third quarter struggles lead to fifth straight loss
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 97-94 loss to the Mavericks on December 6.
Suns forward Markieff Morris grabbed a career-high and team season-high 17 rebounds (nine in the first quarter) to go along with 15 points, tallying his second career double-double.
In three home starts this season, Morris is averaging 19 points and nine rebounds while shooting 64.9 percent from the field (24-of-37), including 66.7 percent from three-point range (4-of-6).
The Suns -- dropping their season-high fifth straight game -- went 7:01 between field goals in the third quarter, missing 13 of 14 shots while getting outscored 23-to-4.
He Said It:
"It's tough," Goran Dragic said. "It is always the same story. We came up short. They make a great run in the 3rd quarter. We are trailing in the fourth quarter and then we are trying to get back and we did. It is just tough. You're tired. They make some... O.J. Mayo makes that great shot. It's tough."
Forward Michael Beasley for the 10th time in 20 games did not play in the fourth quarter. He is shooting 31.2 percent (15-of-48) in his last five games.
Center Jermaine O'Neal (poked in the eye) and forward P.J. Tucker (sprained medial collateral ligament, right knee) left the game in the second half and did not return.
The Suns (7-13) travel to L.A. to play the Pacific Division-leading Clippers (12-6) on Saturday, December 8. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 1:30 p.m.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.