Updated Dec 5, 2012 - 8:42 am
Suns should be regretting Michael Beasley's signing by now
Somehow, someway this organization has found a way to throw $18 million right out the window.
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. Michael Beasley is a joke. Are you kidding me with that 3-for-13 performance for 6 points and 2 rebounds in 30 minutes against Memphis?
I can make the argument that through 19 games this master under-performer has played two or three decent games -- not great games mind you, just decent. I never thought he could help this team, but even I thought that he would tease Suns fans once every eight to ten games with a 30-point performance. That's what he has done throughout his career -- tease everyone with a great game here and there that makes you question why he doesn't do it on a regular basis.
Beasley was a waste of money and Phoenix should be regretting that decision by now. Too bad they couldn't get a money back guarantee on him the way the fans are for the game on Thursday.
Look, in a nutshell he is not a smart basketball player, no basketball IQ whatsoever. He wastes possessions. He can't defend. He is not a small forward and he is not a power forward.
There is a reason that guys like Rick Adelman, Pat Riley, Kurt Rambis and Eric Spoelstra didn't want him. He was the #2 pick in the 2008 draft and he is on his third team already. Miami drafted him and gave him away for a second round pick. Um RED FLAG! Then Minnesota got him and couldn't give him away all last year. NBA teams rarely rid themselves of good players, but two teams gave up on Beasley in a heartbeat. That should have told the Suns everything they needed to know.
It is so frustrating watching him play. Why is he playing? Is it to justify the waste of a contract they gave him? I don't get it. Put him on the bench and give him 15 minutes a game. Jared Dudley is a better player, yes he is! A much better player. Unfortunately you can't trade Beasley because the rest of the NBA knew what the Suns didn't.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.