Suns Strokes: Suns end six-game road trip with overtime loss to Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-98 overtime loss to the Grizzlies on December 4.
The Suns played a strong first half, holding a 52-45 lead. Phoenix shot 51 percent in the half and turned the ball over just five times.
Goran Dragic finished as the Suns' leading scorer with 19 points and 7 assists.
Phoenix had a total of six players in double digits. Luis Scola added 16 points and eight rebounds, Jared Dudley had 13 points and Jermaine O'Neal scored 12 on the night.
Phoenix ended their six-game road trip with their fourth straight loss.
The Suns suffered a late meltdown and looked completely taxed in overtime. Phoenix was outscored 14-4 by Memphis in the extra period.
Alvin Gentry's defense did not have an answer for Zach Randolph. The Memphis forward set season-highs in points (38) and rebounds (22).
The Suns were up by as many as 16 against the Grizzlies before falling apart down the stretch.
Phoenix concluded their road trip with a disappointing 1-5 record.
The Suns have trailed by double digits in a staggering 15 of 19 games, a troubling trend that has proved to be quite costly.
The Suns will host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night at 8:30 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.