Suns Strokes: Suns end six-game road trip with overtime loss to Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-98 overtime loss to the Grizzlies on December 4.
The Suns played a strong first half, holding a 52-45 lead. Phoenix shot 51 percent in the half and turned the ball over just five times.
Goran Dragic finished as the Suns' leading scorer with 19 points and 7 assists.
Phoenix had a total of six players in double digits. Luis Scola added 16 points and eight rebounds, Jared Dudley had 13 points and Jermaine O'Neal scored 12 on the night.
Phoenix ended their six-game road trip with their fourth straight loss.
The Suns suffered a late meltdown and looked completely taxed in overtime. Phoenix was outscored 14-4 by Memphis in the extra period.
Alvin Gentry's defense did not have an answer for Zach Randolph. The Memphis forward set season-highs in points (38) and rebounds (22).
The Suns were up by as many as 16 against the Grizzlies before falling apart down the stretch.
Phoenix concluded their road trip with a disappointing 1-5 record.
The Suns have trailed by double digits in a staggering 15 of 19 games, a troubling trend that has proved to be quite costly.
The Suns will host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night at 8:30 p.m.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Phoenix Suns enjoy brief break, ready to resume playing
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?