Suns Strokes: Suns end six-game road trip with overtime loss to Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-98 overtime loss to the Grizzlies on December 4.
The Suns played a strong first half, holding a 52-45 lead. Phoenix shot 51 percent in the half and turned the ball over just five times.
Goran Dragic finished as the Suns' leading scorer with 19 points and 7 assists.
Phoenix had a total of six players in double digits. Luis Scola added 16 points and eight rebounds, Jared Dudley had 13 points and Jermaine O'Neal scored 12 on the night.
Phoenix ended their six-game road trip with their fourth straight loss.
The Suns suffered a late meltdown and looked completely taxed in overtime. Phoenix was outscored 14-4 by Memphis in the extra period.
Alvin Gentry's defense did not have an answer for Zach Randolph. The Memphis forward set season-highs in points (38) and rebounds (22).
The Suns were up by as many as 16 against the Grizzlies before falling apart down the stretch.
Phoenix concluded their road trip with a disappointing 1-5 record.
The Suns have trailed by double digits in a staggering 15 of 19 games, a troubling trend that has proved to be quite costly.
The Suns will host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night at 8:30 p.m.
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?