Suns Strokes: Suns end six-game road trip with overtime loss to Grizzlies
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-98 overtime loss to the Grizzlies on December 4.
The Suns played a strong first half, holding a 52-45 lead. Phoenix shot 51 percent in the half and turned the ball over just five times.
Goran Dragic finished as the Suns' leading scorer with 19 points and 7 assists.
Phoenix had a total of six players in double digits. Luis Scola added 16 points and eight rebounds, Jared Dudley had 13 points and Jermaine O'Neal scored 12 on the night.
Phoenix ended their six-game road trip with their fourth straight loss.
The Suns suffered a late meltdown and looked completely taxed in overtime. Phoenix was outscored 14-4 by Memphis in the extra period.
Alvin Gentry's defense did not have an answer for Zach Randolph. The Memphis forward set season-highs in points (38) and rebounds (22).
The Suns were up by as many as 16 against the Grizzlies before falling apart down the stretch.
Phoenix concluded their road trip with a disappointing 1-5 record.
The Suns have trailed by double digits in a staggering 15 of 19 games, a troubling trend that has proved to be quite costly.
The Suns will host the Dallas Mavericks on Thursday night at 8:30 p.m.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.