Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 5:51 pm
Dudley on Beasley: Reward outweighs the risk
One of the team's big free agent signings in the offseason, Beasley is averaging a disappointing 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 27.7 minutes per night. He's also shooting just 39 percent.
However Dudley, one of the leaders in the locker room, says it's not right to get down on Beasley because he's "still trying to find himself."
"There's some probably games where he just plays first and third (quarters), there's sometimes where if he didn't hit a shot early on he's frustrated," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
Dudley said part of the learning process is knowing his shots will come, so there's no reason to force the offense.
Dudley said part of his job on the team is to "stay on top of" the mercurial Beasley, and at just 23 many believe the former No. 2 overall pick could still blossom into a star.
"I feel like the reward outweighs the risk," he said.
That has yet to happen, though the Suns could certainly use improvement from the 6-foot-10, 235-pound forward.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.