Updated Dec 4, 2012 - 5:51 pm
Dudley on Beasley: Reward outweighs the risk
One of the team's big free agent signings in the offseason, Beasley is averaging a disappointing 11.8 points and 4.2 rebounds per game in 27.7 minutes per night. He's also shooting just 39 percent.
However Dudley, one of the leaders in the locker room, says it's not right to get down on Beasley because he's "still trying to find himself."
"There's some probably games where he just plays first and third (quarters), there's sometimes where if he didn't hit a shot early on he's frustrated," Dudley told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf Tuesday.
Dudley said part of the learning process is knowing his shots will come, so there's no reason to force the offense.
Dudley said part of his job on the team is to "stay on top of" the mercurial Beasley, and at just 23 many believe the former No. 2 overall pick could still blossom into a star.
"I feel like the reward outweighs the risk," he said.
That has yet to happen, though the Suns could certainly use improvement from the 6-foot-10, 235-pound forward.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.